How to Pack a Moving Truck and Handle Driving One, Easy Guide
Learning how to pack a moving truck and handle driving one are not that difficult, but could be overwhelming. Maybe this article will help you with that. Although moving may feel like a hassle, it doesn’t need to stress you out at all. Packing, moving, and then unloading isn’t something that anyone anticipates. However, the process is made easier with efficiency from the start. Whether you are moving to Little Ferry, NJ, or relocating to another place, it is rewarding to have a good moving truck – but that is no longer necessary. Safe and Secure Self Storage has a few moving tips for you and the trucks to get you started.
How to Pack A Moving Truck: Tips on Driving a Moving Truck
It’s size might be scary, but driving a moving truck is not as difficult as you might think. You do not need a special license, but to be safe, you might need to drive around a bit in order to get the hang of it. A moving truck might be longer than your personal vehicle, therefore, you should be on the lookout when cutting corners, and avoid speeding.
- Go into curves cautiously, particularly if the truck is stacked with heavy furniture and valuables.
- Use extra caution when moving towards intersections.
- Look for signs relating to overhead leeway and weight limits.
- Check for side mirrors every now and again and watch out for cars in your blind spot.
How to Pack A Moving Truck: Loading a Moving Truck
Loading the truck is made easier with these little tips: food is a really good motivator for friends helping out; don’t be afraid to bring out the pizza, and heavy, bulky items go in first. If you’ve packed efficiently, i.e. breakables are wrapped correctly and everything is packed in the appropriate boxes, loading the truck and starting your move shouldn’t take long.
- Bed frames, couches, and other large furniture go in first in order to help with weight distribution.
- Secure the items to keep them from moving as you drive.
- Protect the furniture using cardboard or blankets.
- Where there might be empty spaces, fill them with pillows.
- Prevent mirrors from breaking by placing them between mattresses.
- Place lighter boxes on top of heavy boxes.
- Instead of pushing the hand truck up the ramp, pull it in order to avoid accidents and unwarranted injuries.
Once you are at your storage unit, you might need our helpful storage guide to ensure that you get everything you need, when you need it.
Moving Made Easy With a U-Haul Truck Rental
Safe and Secure Self Storage makes moving way easy – or at least a little less distressing – with the help of a U-Haul truck. Visit us at 141 Lanza Avenue in Bergen County, NJ, or get in touch with us online to learn more about our helpful storage units and accessible moving trucks. We’ll help you every step of the way so that moving can be a little more fun than it is tasking.Tags: how to pack a moving truck